This is always the sequence of emotions I experience with the MPMF line-up. Every. Year. EVERY. STINKING. YEAR. SINCE 2005.
- I am disappointed because I am thinking of all the indie acts that are on tour that weren’t booked.
- I am slightly disturbed by how few of the bands I recognize considering how much indie rock I listen to.
- I wonder if the fest has gotten smaller. (This has been true some years. At some point the fest had close to 300 bands. Last year the fest had just under 150. This year it’s just over 100. Net, this is a year where the fest got smaller.)
- I start listening.
- I notice a few things I like.
- I listen A LOT.
- I realize that I like most of the acts.
- I listen even more.
- I start to get excited to see a lot of this live.
- I literally listen to the MPMF playlist for weeks on end
- I notice the variety of music represented in the line-up.
- I start to love a bunch of the acts.
- I can’t wait for the fest.
- I am certain the fest will be spectacular. (This typically happens in early September.)
I am on step 14, and I haven’t written a single blog entry about what I am going to see. In my defense, I did just move across the country. So, it’s not like I was just playing video games and time got away from me.
I have a little less than three weeks until MPMF15 kicks off. My goal is to blog daily from now until then about what I’m pumped about seeing. And go!
Here’s the Spotify playlist that I made for MPMF15. Have a listen if you wish.